How to Use Egg Shaped Stones & Candles for Spring Equinox or Any New Beginning
In 2020 the Spring Equinox, (also known as the Vernal Equinox) occurs at 10:50 pm central standard time on March 19th.
The Equinox is the perfect time to start all kinds of endeavors. It’s the beginning of the astrological year starting with the zodiac sign of Aries. Those Aries folks are the first to jump into a new idea, hobby or project – they’re wired that way! With the Full Moon that day in Pisces, the energy will be nicely balanced with a “dreamy/think about your future” kind of vibe. After all, the Equinox is all about *balance*.
As a symbol of birth, things yet-to-come and new beginnings eggs are perfect to work into your meditation, rituals and altar spaces. Consider some of these ideas:
- Use an egg to write your intentions on, place in your altar space and then crack it outside onto the earth, giving your intentions over to the Earth Mother to help them grow
- There’s also the very old idea of rubbing an egg on your body to remove negativity and then burying it, so the energy can transform into a positive vibration
- If it’s a longer-term goal or project that you’re working on, choose an egg made of a gemstone that corresponds with your goal. For example, a darker heavier egg for protection, an amethyst for meditation, a unakite for carrying a baby to term, the list goes on. Not sure what to pick? Ask a Pathways employee for help!
- You can also use an egg-shaped candle to “light a fire” under your goal. Want to add more energy to it? Carve a symbol or word on the outside of your candle.
- Choose one in a color that corresponds. Dress your egg candle with an oil that is in alignment with your working.
Light that candle or work with that stone egg on the Spring Equinox!
And we’ll be sending you Blessings on your workings!